Christmas Down South – Day 5 – Dogwood Black

Every time a bow tie is tied, an angel gets its wings. So today, we bow tie. Dogwood Black, formerly known as Southern Ties, went live on November 1st. Still calling Fredericksburg, Virginia home, their biggest change was to become a greater reflection of who they are. “We don’t really take ourselves too seriously, but we still demand excellence and want to build something more meaningful than a larger bottom line. We wanted every facet to reflect our beliefs and while we’re not quite where we want to be yet, we think we’re on the right path.” In addition to bows, they’ve also added shirting as a response to issues they personally had with quality and price.

Want to win this box of bows? Leave a comment on this post letting us know your favorite Christmas movie. The winner, who will be chosen at random on December 21st, will get the CamoCandy Cane, and Tartan bow ties.

*THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED – CONGRATULATIONS TO MITCH STAUTS  FOR WINNING!*

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Comments

1. JONATHAN GUIDRY says:

Griswald’s family Christmas vacation without a doubt!

2. Christmas Vacation. What other Christmas movie is there

3. Elf! “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color!?”

4. If you don’t love Elf, you sit on a throne of lies!

5. Justin Hoppock says:

A Christmas Story

6. The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus

7. Hands down Christmas Vactaion. Ill even leave you with a quote
      “Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead? Naw, I’m doing just fine, Clark.”

8. Jacob Stewart says:

It’s a Wonderful Life!

9. Does the Cajun Night Before Christmas count?

10. Christmas Vacation!

11. Sarah Kane says:

Definitely Home Alone!

12. Susannah Armstrong says:

Home alone!! Merry christmas ya filthy animal!

13. My favorite Christmas movie has to be A Christmas Story. It’s just too good.

14. Here’s to a hopeful 1 day belated bday for me

15. Gotta go with jingle all the way. A holiday christmas classic lol

16. Christmas Vacation

17. It’s a Wonderful Life. Classic.

18. Home Alone of course.

19. I think Love, Actually is a wonderful Christmas movie!!

20. a charlie brown christmas!

21. My favorite Christmas movie, hands down, is Christmas Vacation!

22. Adam wolfes says:

Elf, is probably one of the best.

23. Scrooged! Bill Murray is a genius!

24. Ross Houston says:

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!

25. Holiday Inn! (not the hotel) That’s how you make a movie! Classssy.

26. Jamie Montgomery says:

The Holiday! So sad but so happy!

27. A Wonderful Life is my favorite, love the bow ties!

28. The Year Without A Santa Claus. Claymation always wins in my book.

29. Jonathan Boucher says:

Christmas Vacation is a classic. Absolutely hilarious.

30. Charles Boudreaux says:

A Christmas Story.

31. Griswald’s family Christmas vacation.

32. Does Die Hard count?

33. I have to go with A Christmas Story.

34. Andrew Stubenrauch says:

Well it seems to be a common favorite but National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

35. Watching Love Actually really gets the Christmas season going for me.

36. Elf FTW! Christmas Vacation close second if not 1b.

37. Look what you did you little jerk! Home Alone.

38. Shawn Maxey says:

ELF!!! By far the best christmas movie ever made!!!

39. Home Alone – Classic

40. Jennifer in SC says:

A Christmas Carol – virtually any version, musical to Muppets. Elf is a close second.

41. Daniel Axtell says:

Jingle All the Way! Arnold!

42. Katy Kweder says:

A Wish For Wings That Work immediately followed by Christmas Vacation. My parents recorded these on the same VHS and it was our tradition to watch it every Christmas Eve. I was older than I care to admit before I realized Opus and Bill were not a built-in intro to the Griswolds.

43. Home Alone is the best movie and I could watch it over and over again.

44. Charlie Brown Christmas

45. Home Alone!

46. It’s a Wonderful Life!

47. Toss up between Its a wonderful life, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation.

48. Thomas Kallenbach says:

Favorite Christmas movie is “A Christmas Story.” Love the camo bow.

49. White Christmas :)

50. Jon Giddens says:

Christmas Vacation!

51. Christmas Vacation.

52. Oh, I’m a sucker for Charlie Brown holiday movies.

53. You serious, Clark? It’s gotta be Christmas Vacation!

54. Christmas Vacation!

55. Dan Pedrero says:

Elf! funniest Christmas movie of all time!

56. My favorite has to be White Christmas!

57. The classic claymation films, especially Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

58. Rudolph, all the way! Yukon Cornelius and the Bumble FTW.

59. Charlie Brown Christmas!

60. Bryce Carson says:

Meet Me In St Louis

61. How the Grinch Stole Christmas…. Jim Carrey style.

62. The Year Without a Santa Claus! (the one with Heat Miser and Snow Miser)

63. My favorite Christmas movie is Frosty the Snowman

64. It has to be Home Alone

65. Lacey Deere says:

Elf, Elf is my favorite.

66. Jingle All the Way!

67. National Lampoon’s Christmas! hilarious!

68. Definitely “A Christmas Story”….

69. Love Actually

70. My all time favorite.. that’s a hard call, but I’m gonna have to go with “A Christmas Story” classic and nothing is better than Christmas Eve when TBS plays 24 hours of “A Christmas Story”

71. Tanner Williams says:

A Charlie Brown Christmas. Even though it was was before my time i watch it every year with my family and it reminds me of my childhood.

72. It’s got to be “A Christmas Story”. Classic

73. Jared Darnell says:

Home Alone!!!

74. J. Brooke Benton says:

Elf

75. The animated version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas

76. It’s a Wonderful Life. Hands down!

77. Christmas Story. Who doesn’t like that movie?

78. Home Alone for sure. Home Alone: Lost in New York is a close second.

79. A fantastic question, my favorite one would have to be elf, too many funny quotes. “Bye Buddy, Hope you find your dad. Thanks Mr. Norwall”

80. My favorite Christmas movie is the class “White Christmas” with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney!

81. I have 2 favorite movies. The first being Elf, because who doesn’t love a funny holiday movie! The 2nd is because it is a tradition to watch it on Christmas eve with my family and it also warms my heart, and that is It’s A Wonderful Life!

82. My favorite is “A Christmas Story.”

83. A Christmas Story for sure.

84. Elf!!

85. Bows for Christmas – fitting indeed.

86. As for favorite Christmas movie, I’m inclined to go Muppet Christmas Carol.

87. White Christmas. Never get tired of it.

88. Trading Places

89. White Christmas of course!

90. white Christmas

91. I watch the Griswalds Christmas Vacation in July. It isn’t just my favorite Christmas movie, its my favorite movie of all time!

92. Brent Fonville says:

My favorite will always be A Christmas Story….even though they play a hundred times every year.

93. Dwight Davis says:

Die Hard. Just kidding, probably the old school Grinch or Charlie Brown Christmas.

94. Rudolph

95. Charlie Brown Christmas

96. I’m a sucker for Rudolph :)

97. A wonderful life.

98. Favorite Christmas movie – Die Hard. Or I suppose Christmas Vacation….

99. Katie Caperton says:

The Santa Clause!

100. Gotta be Elf. Santa? I know him!

101. Kendric S. says:

Santa with Muscles #HulkHogan #MilaKunis

102. Charlie Brown’s Christmas no doubt!

103. Charlie Browns Christmas, no doubt!

104. A Charlie Brown Christmas

105. Christmas Vacation. Good family memories.

106. My favorite has always been It’s a Wonderful Life

107. I LOVE “White Christmas.” I’ve watched it hundreds of times; as a child, I used to ask my mom if I could watch it year-round.

108. Elf!

109. It’s easily got to be Die Hard. Reginald VelJohnson’s finest theatrical performance.

110. It’s easily got to be Die Hard It was Reginal VelJohnson’s finest performance.

111. Ashton Daley says:

It’s a Wonderful Life.

112. Thomas Perkins says:

Elf!

113. Christmas Vacation…close 2nd – Holiday Inn

114. We watch White Christmas, as a family every year, on Christmas Eve. Best family tradition ever!

115. We watch White Christmas every year as a family! Love me some Bing Crosby!

116. Ashleigh Lancaster says:

Ohhh, girl! Your blog has introduced me to TOO many bowtie companies! My brother’s presents this have been ALL bowties (And Chubbies, what a lucky dude!)

Let’s be real, everyone knows the best Christmas movie is The Santa Clause starring Tim Allen. Because, c’mon. THAT movie.

117. Definitely Die Hard

118. Has to be Christmas Vacation

119. Christmas Vacation.

120. Home Alone!

121. Love Actually!

122. Tie: Love Actually vs. Elf.

123. A wonderful life!

124. Home Alone!

125. Miracle on 34th Street, with Elf as a close second

126. Christmas Story!

127. Have to go with It’s a Wonderful Life. Oldie but a goody.

128. Home Alone!

129. Charlie Brown Christmas

130. Colin Forshwandivia says:

I love a year without a santa claus !!!!!

131. Elf!

132. Cody Short says:

It’s gotta be ELF

133. Elf

134. White Christmas

135. Alex Miller says:

My favorite is The Homecoming: A Christmas Story. It’s old but if you haven’t seen it, go watch it! It’s a classic and I’m surprised no one else has posted it yet.

136. Aren Everson says:

Either Elf or Christmas Story. Christmas Story is a classic and you can’t beat the humor of Elf. Both great movies to enjoy.

137. It’s a Wonderful Life!

138. Austin Oslica says:

“This place reminds me of Santa’s Workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.” – Buddy the Elf. Best. Christmas. Movie.

139. The Grinch!

140. It’s a Wonderful Life for sure!

141. ELF! It’s a classic

142. I agree! Elf is an all time classic, can’t go wrong with Christmas Vacation either though

143. Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite