Christmas Down South – Day 5 – Dogwood Black

Every time a bow tie is tied, an angel gets its wings. So today, we bow tie. Dogwood Black, formerly known as Southern Ties, went live on November 1st. Still calling Fredericksburg, Virginia home, their biggest change was to become a greater reflection of who they are. “We don’t really take ourselves too seriously, but we still demand excellence and want to build something more meaningful than a larger bottom line. We wanted every facet to reflect our beliefs and while we’re not quite where we want to be yet, we think we’re on the right path.” In addition to bows, they’ve also added shirting as a response to issues they personally had with quality and price.

Want to win this box of bows? Leave a comment on this post letting us know your favorite Christmas movie. The winner, who will be chosen at random on December 21st, will get the CamoCandy Cane, and Tartan bow ties.

*THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED – CONGRATULATIONS TO MITCH STAUTS  FOR WINNING!*

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Comments

1. Charlie Brown Christmas is my favorite

2. I agree! Elf is an all time classic, can’t go wrong with Christmas Vacation either though

3. ELF! It’s a classic

4. It’s a Wonderful Life for sure!

5. The Grinch!

6. Austin Oslica says:

“This place reminds me of Santa’s Workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.” – Buddy the Elf. Best. Christmas. Movie.

7. It’s a Wonderful Life!

8. Aren Everson says:

Either Elf or Christmas Story. Christmas Story is a classic and you can’t beat the humor of Elf. Both great movies to enjoy.

9. Alex Miller says:

My favorite is The Homecoming: A Christmas Story. It’s old but if you haven’t seen it, go watch it! It’s a classic and I’m surprised no one else has posted it yet.

10. White Christmas

11. Elf

12. Cody Short says:

It’s gotta be ELF

13. Elf!

14. Colin Forshwandivia says:

I love a year without a santa claus !!!!!

15. Charlie Brown Christmas

16. Home Alone!

17. Have to go with It’s a Wonderful Life. Oldie but a goody.

18. Christmas Story!

19. Miracle on 34th Street, with Elf as a close second

20. Home Alone!

21. A wonderful life!

22. Tie: Love Actually vs. Elf.

23. Love Actually!

24. Home Alone!

25. Christmas Vacation.

26. Has to be Christmas Vacation

27. Definitely Die Hard

28. Ashleigh Lancaster says:

Ohhh, girl! Your blog has introduced me to TOO many bowtie companies! My brother’s presents this have been ALL bowties (And Chubbies, what a lucky dude!)

Let’s be real, everyone knows the best Christmas movie is The Santa Clause starring Tim Allen. Because, c’mon. THAT movie.

29. We watch White Christmas every year as a family! Love me some Bing Crosby!

30. We watch White Christmas, as a family every year, on Christmas Eve. Best family tradition ever!

31. Christmas Vacation…close 2nd – Holiday Inn

32. Thomas Perkins says:

Elf!

33. Ashton Daley says:

It’s a Wonderful Life.

34. It’s easily got to be Die Hard It was Reginal VelJohnson’s finest performance.

35. It’s easily got to be Die Hard. Reginald VelJohnson’s finest theatrical performance.

36. Elf!

37. I LOVE “White Christmas.” I’ve watched it hundreds of times; as a child, I used to ask my mom if I could watch it year-round.

38. My favorite has always been It’s a Wonderful Life

39. Christmas Vacation. Good family memories.

40. A Charlie Brown Christmas

41. Charlie Browns Christmas, no doubt!

42. Charlie Brown’s Christmas no doubt!

43. Kendric S. says:

Santa with Muscles #HulkHogan #MilaKunis

44. Gotta be Elf. Santa? I know him!

45. Katie Caperton says:

The Santa Clause!

46. Favorite Christmas movie – Die Hard. Or I suppose Christmas Vacation….

47. A wonderful life.

48. I’m a sucker for Rudolph :)

49. Charlie Brown Christmas

50. Rudolph

51. Dwight Davis says:

Die Hard. Just kidding, probably the old school Grinch or Charlie Brown Christmas.

52. Brent Fonville says:

My favorite will always be A Christmas Story….even though they play a hundred times every year.

53. I watch the Griswalds Christmas Vacation in July. It isn’t just my favorite Christmas movie, its my favorite movie of all time!

54. white Christmas

55. White Christmas of course!

56. Trading Places

57. White Christmas. Never get tired of it.

58. As for favorite Christmas movie, I’m inclined to go Muppet Christmas Carol.

59. Bows for Christmas – fitting indeed.

60. Elf!!

61. A Christmas Story for sure.

62. My favorite is “A Christmas Story.”

63. I have 2 favorite movies. The first being Elf, because who doesn’t love a funny holiday movie! The 2nd is because it is a tradition to watch it on Christmas eve with my family and it also warms my heart, and that is It’s A Wonderful Life!

64. My favorite Christmas movie is the class “White Christmas” with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney!

65. A fantastic question, my favorite one would have to be elf, too many funny quotes. “Bye Buddy, Hope you find your dad. Thanks Mr. Norwall”

66. Home Alone for sure. Home Alone: Lost in New York is a close second.

67. Christmas Story. Who doesn’t like that movie?

68. It’s a Wonderful Life. Hands down!

69. The animated version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas

70. J. Brooke Benton says:

Elf

71. Jared Darnell says:

Home Alone!!!

72. It’s got to be “A Christmas Story”. Classic

73. Tanner Williams says:

A Charlie Brown Christmas. Even though it was was before my time i watch it every year with my family and it reminds me of my childhood.

74. My all time favorite.. that’s a hard call, but I’m gonna have to go with “A Christmas Story” classic and nothing is better than Christmas Eve when TBS plays 24 hours of “A Christmas Story”

75. Love Actually

76. Definitely “A Christmas Story”….

77. National Lampoon’s Christmas! hilarious!

78. Jingle All the Way!

79. Lacey Deere says:

Elf, Elf is my favorite.

80. It has to be Home Alone

81. My favorite Christmas movie is Frosty the Snowman

82. The Year Without a Santa Claus! (the one with Heat Miser and Snow Miser)

83. How the Grinch Stole Christmas…. Jim Carrey style.

84. Bryce Carson says:

Meet Me In St Louis

85. Charlie Brown Christmas!

86. Rudolph, all the way! Yukon Cornelius and the Bumble FTW.

87. The classic claymation films, especially Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

88. My favorite has to be White Christmas!

89. Dan Pedrero says:

Elf! funniest Christmas movie of all time!

90. Christmas Vacation!

91. You serious, Clark? It’s gotta be Christmas Vacation!

92. Oh, I’m a sucker for Charlie Brown holiday movies.

93. Christmas Vacation.

94. Jon Giddens says:

Christmas Vacation!

95. White Christmas :)

96. Thomas Kallenbach says:

Favorite Christmas movie is “A Christmas Story.” Love the camo bow.

97. Toss up between Its a wonderful life, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation.

98. It’s a Wonderful Life!

99. Home Alone!

100. Charlie Brown Christmas

101. Home Alone is the best movie and I could watch it over and over again.

102. Katy Kweder says:

A Wish For Wings That Work immediately followed by Christmas Vacation. My parents recorded these on the same VHS and it was our tradition to watch it every Christmas Eve. I was older than I care to admit before I realized Opus and Bill were not a built-in intro to the Griswolds.

103. Daniel Axtell says:

Jingle All the Way! Arnold!

104. Jennifer in SC says:

A Christmas Carol – virtually any version, musical to Muppets. Elf is a close second.

105. Home Alone – Classic

106. Shawn Maxey says:

ELF!!! By far the best christmas movie ever made!!!

107. Look what you did you little jerk! Home Alone.

108. Elf FTW! Christmas Vacation close second if not 1b.

109. Watching Love Actually really gets the Christmas season going for me.

110. Andrew Stubenrauch says:

Well it seems to be a common favorite but National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

111. I have to go with A Christmas Story.

112. Does Die Hard count?

113. Griswald’s family Christmas vacation.

114. Charles Boudreaux says:

A Christmas Story.

115. Jonathan Boucher says:

Christmas Vacation is a classic. Absolutely hilarious.

116. The Year Without A Santa Claus. Claymation always wins in my book.

117. A Wonderful Life is my favorite, love the bow ties!

118. Jamie Montgomery says:

The Holiday! So sad but so happy!

119. Holiday Inn! (not the hotel) That’s how you make a movie! Classssy.

120. Ross Houston says:

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!

121. Scrooged! Bill Murray is a genius!

122. Adam wolfes says:

Elf, is probably one of the best.

123. My favorite Christmas movie, hands down, is Christmas Vacation!

124. a charlie brown christmas!

125. I think Love, Actually is a wonderful Christmas movie!!

126. Home Alone of course.

127. It’s a Wonderful Life. Classic.

128. Christmas Vacation

129. Gotta go with jingle all the way. A holiday christmas classic lol

130. Here’s to a hopeful 1 day belated bday for me

131. My favorite Christmas movie has to be A Christmas Story. It’s just too good.

132. Susannah Armstrong says:

Home alone!! Merry christmas ya filthy animal!

133. Sarah Kane says:

Definitely Home Alone!

134. Christmas Vacation!

135. Does the Cajun Night Before Christmas count?

136. Jacob Stewart says:

It’s a Wonderful Life!

137. Hands down Christmas Vactaion. Ill even leave you with a quote
      “Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead? Naw, I’m doing just fine, Clark.”

138. The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus

139. Justin Hoppock says:

A Christmas Story

140. If you don’t love Elf, you sit on a throne of lies!

141. Elf! “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color!?”

142. Christmas Vacation. What other Christmas movie is there

143. JONATHAN GUIDRY says:

Griswald’s family Christmas vacation without a doubt!